There are many places in Kerala where we can find adventure. One such place is the Chembra Peak situated in the Wayanad district. Chembra Peak situated about 2100 m above the sea level is the highest peak in Wayanad. This peak is situated in the town of meppady which is about 14 km west of kalpetta. Chembra peak is a part of the Wayanad hill ranges in the Western Ghats. Chembra Peak is one of the most suitable places for trucking. Mostly trucking is done seasonally and you need the permission from the forest office at meppady for this.
If you are planning for trucking at Chembra Peak then remember to carry the following things with you
– Please carry one strong back-pack
– 2 litres water bottle
– Head wear like Caps, hats or bandanas
– Toiletries (Comb, shampoo, tissue paper, soap, toothbrush, etc.)
– Small torch with new batteries
– Shoes for trekking
– Change of clothes enough for two days
– Energy food such as Chocolates, Nutri-bars, juice packs etc.
– Rain coat (Highly suggested)
– Moov spray / Lemon for leeches
How to reach here
Chembra is situated in Meppadi (Meppady) Panchayath, which is about 11 km off NH212 (Kollegal – Mysore – Kozhikode, KSRTC (both Kerala & Karnataka) and a lot of private deluxe buses are available between Kozhikode (aka Calicut) and Bengaluru
The Rearest railway station is Kannur as these is no rail service in Wayanad district.